Sunday, August 12, 2012

Painters painting together at Whirl Pool Lake of Riding Mountain National Park

My workshop group chose to go  to Whirl Pool Lake for today's painting activity. It is such a delightful choice! 10 of us spread out on the spot painting away to our heart's delight. I had a surprise encounter with Dr. Stadel from Salzburg Austria with his family at the lake.  Dr. Stadel had taught at Brandon University for many decades before he moved back to Austria to teach at Salzburg University. I had the fortune to take his last class in the summer of 1992 before he moved away. I still remember vividly how I enjoyed his world regional geography class , and how I felt so sorry that he would soon be leaving Canada and I would not be able to class his class again. I had a nice chat with him and his lovely grandson from B.C who was also very eager to try his hand at outdoor painting. I am happy to be able to put  tiny  images of Dr. Stadel and his grand son onto this painting of mine as well as the three of the ladies from my workshop group to mark this extraordinary occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment