Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Full moon night

Colin came over to discuss his project with me after supper. We have known Colin for well over 17 years now. We first met him in early 1996 when as a staff photographer for Brandon Sun , he was dispatched to our place on 15th street to take picture of me reunited with my wife and daughter after almost 5 years separation. His picture was used for a follow up story on me by the then Brandon Sun journalist Stephen Nelson who is now based in Jasper National Park. Colin is a great photographer as well as a great writer and  intrepid  traveller who often ventured into obscure and isolated places under the sun bringing back with him amazing pictures with amazing stories. We share so much in our unquenchable thirst for light and colour. As I was saying to goodnight to him at the door at 9:00 p.m , I saw the full moon in the sky  dramatically echoed by the warm wash of the street light in our neighbourhood. I rushed inside the house  grabbed my flash light , and set up my easel in a hurry in our snow-covered front yard splashing my oil paint onto whatever piece of canvas that happened to be within my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment