Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Brandon Skyline from Dinsdale Park

Kim came to the Dinsdale   Park  with me to take pictures of me painting on location in the afternoon. Kim is a freelance writer for Westman Journal who writes weekly articles covering  a broad range of topics. Kim has also published an eBook The Macadamia Nut Emergency and is working on another. It was very warm with the sun shining brightly turning the Brandon skyline into a silhouette  against the clear  sky along the Assiniboine River. It may not be the best time of the year to paint on this particulate location, however, the warm presence of spring after a cold  and longer than usual winter was enough to get me excited to paint  on the bank of the river with water full to the brim lapping gently against the shoreline echoed by the occasional honking of geese.  It was hard to gauge the passage of time while engaging myself in the painting. However, it really made me feel guilty to subject Kim to stay in the hot unsheltered spot for over two hours no matter how much I enjoyed her company.

No comments:

Post a Comment