Thursday, December 17, 2015

Light from the season

I have painted so many window views throughout the years that I should have be left with no thrills of excitement and fresh perspectives by now. However, each time I stand by the window with easel in front of me and oil paint on the palette, there again comes that throb of finding something new, something exciting and something touching. There was no exception when I was painting this view looking out of the window the other night, when the light from our neighbours' homes and Christmas decorations was shining so brightly through what was a dark and gloomy winter night. It suddenly dawned onto me that window view after all is simply a metaphor of always finding something far away by looking at something close by. May the light of the season always shine brightly in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment