Saturday, June 11, 2016

Prairie Fire House Restaurant now and Brandon Central Fire Station then

Dinning with Style at Brandon Prairie Firehouse Restaurant , the former Brandon Central Fire Station. It is so delightful to see the successful transformation of an old historical heritage building into a modern fine dining house in downtown Brandon. I stopped by with my French easel at 4:30 pm today and left at 6:30 with this oil painting of it. Hopefully I did capture the endearing and cozy moment on a beautiful Saturday evening. It was almost exactly 25 years ago and in almost exactly same kind of warm wash of evening light, I stepped down a Greyhound Bus after so many hours of traveling from shanghai China all the way to Brandon Manitoba alone leaving the wife and two year old daughter behind for five years starting a lonely and adventurous journey that have totally changed my own life. To mark my 25th anniversary, here is the painting for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment