Sunday, August 31, 2014

Same mundane window views an hour apart with totally different mood from my humble home in Brandon and heavenly music from the bygone years of Vienna

 Got up early and could not sleep any more. It was still drizzling outside with nonstop rain. Sarah was at Edmonton airport and was aboard flight to Vancouver already when some engine problem forced delay first , followed by cancellation of her flight to Vancouver, which means she will miss her flight from Vancouver to Shanghai today. I had to stay with the phone to be updated about her flight change to relay the message to China to keep family in China informed. It was a long agonizing waiting before she was re-booked for tomorrow. Anyway, instead of waiting anxiously, I set up my easel in our living room, turned on CBC Radio 2. As soon as I started to paint , and as soon as CBC Radio 2 start
the special show about Viennese music , my mood drastically changed just like the weather outside as reflected by the two different mood in my two oil sketches today.  Music from Strauss ,  Mozart , Beethoven,Haydn, to Schubert, Malher all my favorites , all capable of reducing me to tears  filled up the air  one after another . I was so elated that I got  breathless with joy, making me fall in love deeply  with Vienna from  those bygone years ! Just a sample of list of the music that came to the air today. Malher symphony number 4. Beethoven symphony number 8, Schubert piano sonata, and Schubert fantasia for 4 hands, Mozart's piano concerto no. 20 and 21 and of course Strauss's Blue Danube waltz etc. What an emotional roller coast ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment