Saturday, September 13, 2014

Bronze statue of the Airman from the newly installed and unveiled RCAF WWII BCATP Memorial in Brandon



" They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them."
I drove over to the new memorial site to pay my tribute to the memory of those brave men and women who sacrificed their own lives so that freedom and peace would prevail. As I stood below the tall bronze statue silhouetting against the sky where the sun start to break out of the clouds and yellow moth plane was soaring into the air, somehow the movie for the Moment came to my mind, which was screened in the old theater in Downtown Brandon in early 90s , which in itself brought back so much memory of my early years in Brandon. I set up my easel on the spot and spent two hours painting and reminiscing about the distant past.

No comments:

Post a Comment