Saturday, September 6, 2014

Parkland Building of the former Brandon Mental Health Centre

Parkland Building of the former Brandon Mental Health Center in the morning sunlight 3 feet by 2 feet on stretched canvas For plein air painting , this is quite a big sized one. I normally do not paint on canvas of this dimension. However, since there is the annual special event Thrill on the Hills going on in ACC 's Northern campus and there are so many visitors there that the chance of me being not allowed to paint there is minimal. I have not been back painting there for many years now since the last time when I was asked to leave without a written painting permit by a security guard there. It took me three and half hours from start to finish which is very long time by my own standard. It was a very exciting painting experience, nevertheless, since I came across people whom I have not seen for a long time and also lots of people whom I had never met before. Quite a few people came to take pictures of me painting. Lots of kids there and they seemed to be quite impressed when they caught a glimpse of me painting there and will always lavish their complements onto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment